Monday, February 7, 2011

Wow! I'm bad at this blogging thing!

This is old, but might be a fun read. I forgot to finish and publish...

But I have discovered that I LOVE reading blogs! Some of my favorites right now are the following:

raisingfutureesthers.blogspot.com

melodyjoy83.blogspot.com

6inthecity.com

possessionista.com


They inspire me to be better about recording things that happen and thoughts. I wish I could come up with some clever way to make money with my blog. Hmmm...


So, what's new? What isn't?! We've been movin' and groovin' this year since the last post. I won't bore you with the nitty gritty since it's all past tense, but here's a little timeline:


February - We celebrated Valentine's Day in Winston-Salem. I got to plan it and surprised Patrick with a fancy dinner at the Graylin and an overnight stay. All I can say is it's fun to be married on this holiday.


March - We had a little trip to FL to run the Seaside Half Marathon with Charis, Summer, Josh, Leslie, and Cara. It was great to be "home" and the weather could not have been better!


April - Chara got to come up for a little visit for her spring break. We played in Blowing Rock, Boone, and just chilled around town. The not-so-fun part of her visit was us both getting a Terrible virus, which put us both out of commission for about 3 days before she had to head back.


May - We closed on our house May 21st, moved in that weekend, and then left for FL on Tuesday for a week. We celebrated out 1 year anniversary at the Henderson Park Inn for two days! What a treat! The rest of the visit was spent with family and friends. We loved every minute of it!


June - We had our first over-night visitors. Lindsey & Patrick Giggy came for the weekend. We had an awesome dinner at Yusef and just enjoyed the company. They helped us pick up our Dining Table set and put it all together. I don't think we could have done it without them.


July - Deep Creek was the best ever this year! So fun having so many there to camp. We missed Sara, Josh Barbee, Josh Gernatt, Karin, and Samuel though. I think Sunny, Stella, and Mario turned out to be great campers, even for their first time. July was also a big Birthday month for us. Patrick turned 29, I turned 30 and Mom & Mr. Berry both turned 60! We had a few parties and dinners to celebrate.


Now it's already August - Patrick is in VA for a Samaritan's Feet shoe distribution and back-to-school outreach with The Community Church in Collinsville. We worked with them last year, where they had about 700 people come to get their feet washed, receive a new pair of shoes, clothes, school supplies, and hair cuts. This weekend they are expecting almost 1500!! Justin Brackett went with him and Mike & Beckie Leith and I are joining them Friday. That is, if I get over this stupid cough/fever/never sleeping thing I'm dealing with. I really don't want to miss it so please pray that I'll start feeling well soon.

No comments: