Friday, February 18, 2011

One Week More

In ONE WEEK we will have all of our worldly possessions packed in a 16 Foot Moving Truck and will hear Em (our GPS's) say in her charming brittish accent, "Keep right onto I-40 and continue West for 1100 miles." Sigh*.  Somewhere along the way we will stop to sleep before finishing the drive Saturday. Thankfully, Jason is coming with us to play "Keep-Awake" for Patrick in the truck. I will be driving the SUV with the kitties to keep me company. Note to self, "Find some good audio books and get a car charger for my cell phone."

Last Saturday the Berrys threw a little shindig
for us  at the Crescent Moon, one of our favorite restaurants in Hickory. We will miss it! So many friends and family came to show us their support. We were so encouraged by their presense and their many kind words. Makes it that much more difficult to say goodbye to this place and these people.

Having already made a big move from Destin, myself, I kind of thought this would be easy for me but hard for Patrick. You can ask Patrick. I have been highly emotional this week. It takes very little to get the waterworks started just thinking about all that we are leaving behind. If I could have life my way, I would surround myself with all the people I love. We would all build our dream homes in the same neighborhood (with room to grow, a beach and mountains) and live there for the rest of our lives. All of my nieces and nephews, parents, cousins, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and dear friends would be a short walk from my home. We would take turns cooking, hosting parties, watching kids, spending the night, etc. Seriously, this is how I would build my world! But it doesn't really work that way. O how I know it!

Here are some photos (thanks Jason) from the party. Thank you to All who attended! It means the world to both of us and we cherish the relationships that we have with you. Please please please keep in touch! And if we find out that any of you came thru or to Oklahoma without stopping by, we WILL block you from reading any of our updates! Haha - That's my way of saying, "You are invited! Please come see us!"

Us and Nellie

Edyth, Elaine, Silas --- And Mike :)

Bonnie And Cheryl

Patrick and Francis Russel


We will miss Dodd and Beckie SO Much!



Dad Berry welcoming all who came



Please keep us in your prayers as we get thru this week. Naturally, the stress level will rise a little and emotions with it. As excited as we are to jump into the next chapter of our lives we are heavy hearted to put so much distance between us and you.

1 comment:

Katie Bearden said...

Chessed! Hey it's Katie from Greensboro! I found your blog on facebook and am catching up on all your crazy changes. That is so exciting for you and Patrick. I know it must be hard and scary but God has great plans for you two. You will both be in my prayers and thoughts. If you are ever in Greensboro stop by and see us. Although in Bearden tradition we will probably be moving soon also :)
Good luck with everything!!!