Thursday, September 4, 2008

We are full of Smit!

So, I bought a ticket to go to Hickory, NC, the first weekend of October, and Patrick bought his ticket to come down for Thanksgiving. But... that's a long way off, so Patrick and I are meeting up in Atlanta next weekend. Turns out that after 10 years of not seeing each other, we don't really like being apart very much. In fact, we are trying very hard to not despise it. So, Summer, you will get to meet him sooner rather than later. Yea hey!

If you would like to donate $$$ to the "Patrick A. Berry: I have a Dream" fund or "I Dream of Patrick A. Berry" fund, please just let me know. Your contributions will reserve you the right to take personal credit for the success of our relationship and the bright future of our great country. As part of the strategic fundraising opportunity we will forever label "areas of the future" with your personalized name plate...for example: 1. fund the gas for a "meet in the middle" and it will be named the [insert your name here] Meeting 2. fund a dinner '[insert your name here] Romantic evening' 3. the $500 level will get you an entire week visit named after you, 4. $1000 level will get a season of our relationship named after you (eg. the Chara Season) 5. $5000 level will get a room of our home named after you (eg. The Brenda Kitchen), and the $10000 level will get you our entire house named after you (eg. The Richard Berry Homestead). Consider it an intangible investment.

7 comments:

ma said...

Put me down for a tank of GAS. This is so exciting I can hardly bear it. Nov? Dec? Jan? my birthday Feb? Let's get this show on the road. LOVE YOU
Seriously God Bless you and Patrick on this adventure. LOVE IS GRAND. I Know. Maybe Patrick can become my next "FAVORITE"

Summer said...

Don't be getting any ideas on a favorite, MA. You already have plenty of those. Okay so I assume yall are staying at the house? So what does that get me as far as naming goes? Gernatt Meet in the Middle Place!

Unknown said...

Ok, so my investment better not get the Kitchen named after me. I was thinking more about investing in wedding plans . . . Flowers, meals, etc. I am just wondering how many Barbee kids are getting married in 2009 or maybe 2008. Anyway, put me down on the pledge card for bridal flowers, decorations, etc. and a little pre-engagement dinner for two.

Aunt Sarah said...

This is ma. I am trying to get Aunt Sarah's blog comments working so she can make a contribution. I think I have it working so she has no excuse now. LOVE YOU ma

Aunt Sarah said...

Consider a donation from me. One
beautiful romantic kids meal at McDonalds. What does that get me?
Can't wait to me to meet Patrick, he must be very special, or he better be.
Love ya.

MJN6 said...

Hey we have hotel accommadations at the Norman "Empty" Nest! You can choose from a luxcious upstairs room complete with workout area, personal bathroom, queen bed, futon and sofa or if you prefer the "QUIET"(just ask Sara and Ryan) you can chose the lower level room with bunk beds or queen bed selection. It comes with a sitting area,romantic lighting, a 32" TV with satelite, and your own personal bathroom as well. Just remember these accommadations no longer come with a personal chef so unless you like Lean Cuisines you should plan to eat out. And now that the grandkids are gone no entertainment is provided either. As for donations to the cause of Chesed...aren't you living on LOVE!!!!! Love you Doh Doh
Seriously, you are welcome here any time and with advance reservations I promise to provide a meal.

MJN6 said...

luxurious