Friday, April 25, 2008

Beach Blast Triathlon


Tomorrow is a big day for me. I'll be doing the Beach Blast Triathlon in Mexico Beach. My former boss is letting me stay in one of his cottages out there, so my plan is to drive over after work, get everything ready to go, pick up my race packet, eat a big dinner and get a good night's sleep before the 7 a.m. race. Last year my time was just under 3 hours which was my goal. I'm really hoping that I can do at least that well this year. I'm not as prepared but I know the course this time and will be able to pace better, hopefully. This will be my first race without Erik, so it's kind of a way for me to prove that I do this for me and not for him. I'll be making up my own breakfast, getting everything together, setting up my own transition and acting as my own cheer leader. So, if you think about me in your sleep tomorrow morning, say a little prayer for a safe and fast race for me. Thanks!
http://www.thebeachblast.com/


6 comments:

Ryan said...

Good luck! Wish I could do it too. We expect no less than a top ten finish.

sara jackson said...

Good luck!! Wishing you all the best in your race.

ma said...

Now it is time to call us and let us know how you did. LOVE YOU ma

One Krazy Momma said...

Yes, how did you do? I'm determined to do this one day. Chesed, you inspire me.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you, Chesed. I wanted to go watch you this time, but I knew we had to get this house ready to rent. However, I want you to know I was thinking about you! Congratulations on your finish and for all the hard work it took to get you there! Keep up the discipline and hard work! You are AWESOME!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so amazed at you and others,who knowing they will not win and may not even finish with a better time than they did in the last triathlon, still get out there and train and work hard just to have the sheer satisfaction of finishing! You are really an amazing person!